What’s new in MORSE 0.4.x?
The MORSE 0.4.x series has been code-named the multi-node release.
- Added infrastructure for multi-node functionality
- New Builder API to create scene from Python description.
This allows powerful programmable scene creation, much lighter scenario files, and
easier to track changes (since its a text format, instead of binary Blender files).
- Changed directory structure and file names for ease of use of the Builder API.
- Pervasive use the Python logging interface
- Added support for multiple middleware bindings per component
- Added support for services through Pocolibs middleware
- ROS support for the robot’s cameras
- Added support for HLA middleware
- Added support for MOOS middleware
- Added a Hummer robot that implements the Blender Vehicle Wrapper
- Added a steer_force actuator to control the Hummer robot
- Added an armature_actuator to control the bone structure in the LWR and PR2 robot arms
- Add a help display with the keyboard shortcuts available during simulation. Activated by pressing the H key